I’m back with the eleventh monthly Bitcoin news recap.
For those unfamiliar, each day I pick out the most popularelevant/interesting stories in bitcoin and save them. At the end of the month I release them in one batch, to give you a quick (but not necessarily the best), memeless overview of what happened in bitcoin over the past month.
You can find recaps of the previous months on Bitcoinsnippets.com
A recap of Bitcoin in November 2017
- 01: An increasing amount of businesses clarify their stance on naming issues around the SegWit2x contentious hardfork & Bitcoin reaches a new all-time-high of over $6600
- 02: ViaBTC announces they won’t support SegWit2x upon release but wait to see if it survives & Bitcoin becomes a top 200 most subscribed subreddit & A reminder that Bitcoin is about far more than the price
- 03: Ukraine drafts law to exempt crypto income and profits from Taxation & More companies dropped out of the ‘SegWit2x’ New York Agreement
- 04: Core developers among others are working on an open source chainsplit tool to disincentivize airdrop forks & A Bitcoin Handbook for beginners & A reminder that Lilly Allen turned down 200k bitcoins for a gig in 2009 & Bitcoin reaches a new all-time-high of over $7500
- 05: The largest Bitcoin block yet is mined at 1.6MB & Bulletproofs, a way to reduce the size of all Unspent Transaction Outputs (UTXOs) by a factor of 10 & A discussion on bitcoin’s environmental impact
- 06: A discussion on ‘Graphene’, a proposal for reduced filesize in block propagation & John Newberry gives some insight in how much optimisation is possible in terms of fees if businesses put in the work
- 07: Proof that most B2X (SegWit2x) nodes run from AWS, creating a non-censorship resistant network & A discussion on the impact of losing net neutrality on Bitcoin & A discussion on replay attacks during contentious hardforks
- 08: The SegWit2X contentious hardfork gets called off
- 09: BitGo’s largest customers that have upgraded to SegWit are saving nearly $100k per month in transaction fees & Microsoft has published plans to support the Bitcoin currency format in Office and Windows
- 10: Mark Karpeles may end up taking $859M from Mt. Gox Bankruptcy & A secret service agent stole 1600 bitcoins from the Silk Road wallet
- 11: Bitcoin Core 0.15.1 is released & 90% of integration tests for the Lightning Network passed successfully, up from 62% last month & RSK with Smart Contracts for Bitcoin will be launched on 4 December
- 12: SlushPool temporarily becomes the biggest pool mining Bitcoin as many other mining pools flock to temporarily higher BCH mining profits and slow transaction confirmation times down & Andreas Antonopoulos on scaling and how the obvious solution is not always the right one
- 13: Someone gives a TEDx talk on Bitcoin & CMEs CEO says futures exchange for Bitcoin will be ready in the 2nd week of December
- 14: There is a Bitcoin mining crackdown in China & A reminder to check your wallet’s fee settings so you don’t overpay on fees
- 15: Bitmex, the largest exchange by volume, will sell all of its Bcash and give its customers Bitcoin & Another reminder of the recent progress on real privacy for Bitcoin transactions from Core developers
- 16: Bitfinex will roll out SegWit support in a week & Pieter Wuille, the core developer who created most of SegWit, expects a proposal and implementation of Schnorr signatures in 2018 & Hyosung, one of the worlds largest ATM manufacturers announces Bitcoin support
- 17: SegWit2x nodes freeze 2 blocks before the initially planned hardfork, showing how the Bitcoin network would’ve halted if we had followed their software
- 18: People are upset that the CEOs who signed the New York Agreement aren’t apologising for the SegWit2x hard fork screwup that could have halted the Bitcoin network if it had been adopted & The community thanks the Bitcoin core developers & Mark Karpeles wants to raise $245M to revive Mt. Gox through an ICO
- 19: Some people are overpaying x50-100 for bitcoin transactions because of bad wallet fee estimation & Bitcoin reaches a new all-time-high of over $8000
- 20: Bitcoin.com deceives its app users by making BCash wallets the default
- 21: The Tether hacker was the same person who hacked Bitstamp and Huobi in 2015
- 22: A new mining company is launched by psuedonymous Bitcoin Core developer BtcDrak, to help decentralise ASIC manufacturing
- 23: A discussion on the ongoing attacks from BCH on BTC, giving Bitcoin some exercise in resilience
- 24: The Bitcoin price during all the moments the mainstream media talked it down
- 25: A South Korean bank is planning to add a Bitcoin savings service
- 26: Bitcoin reaches a new all-time-high of over $9000
- 27: [An overview of the livestream of the Baltic Honeybadger Bitcoin conference](https://www.reddit.com/Bitcoin/comments/7fqozthe_baltic_ho...
Lets talk bitcoin: Proof of Love Ep. 51 Andreas Antonopoulos: 2020-03-20 - 18:17: LetsTalkBitcoin: Proof of Love Ep. 51 Andreas Antonopoulos: 2020-03-20 - 17:17: BitcoinGarden: What Would Quantitative Easing Do To Bitcoin? 2020-03-20 - 17:12: LetsTalkBitcoin: Beginner's Guide #16: The Future of Bitcoin with Jeremy Welch - WBD201: 2020-03-20 Facebook's Libra Will Hit Central Banks Hard: Andreas Antonopoulos 07:27 Monday , February 03rd 2020 On the latest edition of the Let's Talk Bitcoin podcast, Andreas M Antonopoulos, a prominent Bitcoin advocate, shared his thoughts on Libra's whitepaper, its technology, and the prospect of its launch in the future. The Bitcoin Game; Bitcoin Magazine Podcast; Bitcoins and Gravy; Blockcrunch: Crypto Deep Dives; Chain Reaction; The Crypto Show; Distributed Dialogues; Epicenter; Let's Talk Bitcoin! POV Crypto; Proof of Love; SAFE Crossroads; The Tatiana Moroz Show; What Bitcoin Did; History. The LTB Network; About. Community Directory; Terms and Conditions Andreas M. Antonopoulos, een bekend crypto-expert, noemt in een video de eventuele gevolgen van een Bitcoin-ETF (exchange-traded fund).. De talkshow-host van de “Let’s talk Bitcoin”-podcast legt in een video, dat onderdeel is van een videoserie genaamd “Bitcoin Q&A”, uit waarom een Bitcoin-ETF een averechts effect kan hebben. Andreas M. Antonopoulos is considered as one of the world’s top bitcoin and open blockchain experts. He is a best-selling cryptocurrency author, speaker, and educator. Antonopoulos’ groundbreaking book “Mastering Bitcoin” is widely considered to be one of the best guides written about blockchain technology and Bitcoin.
[index]          
Adam speaks with Patrick Dugan of the Omni Project (formerly known as Mastercoin) about this wide ranging project, their bounties and upcoming relaunch. Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a critically-acclaimed best-selling author, speaker, educator, and one of the world’s foremost bitcoin and open blockchain experts. Andreas makes complex subjects ... Andreas M. Antonopoulos Bitcoin Game Theory For Countries [Let's Talk Bitcoin!] - Duration: 12:18. Bitcoinboy 7,384 views. 12:18. Andreas Antonopoulos answers this question ... Could you explain what Bitcoin is in a non-technical way that my mother / father / grandparents could understand? Get the latest Bitcoin and Crypto ... Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a best-selling author, speaker, educator, and highly sought after expert in Bitcoin and open blockchain technologies. ... My first Bitcoin talk on Bitcoin Neutrality ...